Friday, January 28, 2011

Stir Fried Chicken with Mushroom and Soybean Stick

Another quick stir fry for a lazy night....
Did a quick check in the kitchen to see what I had handy.
Opened the fridge: cooked chicken breast in the pantry: dried shiitake mushroom and soybean sticks
hmmm......got it!
Decided to do a stir fry with famous-never fail oyster sauce and tons of garlic.
We were also fighting a cold so I made sure the garlic was not cooked all the way ( natural antibiotic)
The semi cooked garlic along with the oyster sauce gave the mushrooms a slightly buttery chewy texture which I like. The result was perfect, a savory side dish good with salad, rice or congee.

Ingredients:
  • chicken - cooked + shredded
  • dried shiitake mushroom - soak in warm water until soft- thinly sliced
  • dried bean curd stick- soak in warm water until soft - cut into half inch size
  • oil
  • oyster sauce
  • head of garlic - minced
  • white pepper
  • cilantro
Heat pan with oil, add half of the minced garlic, mushroom, cook for a minute then
add bean curd sticks and chicken, give it quick stir and toss
add the rest of the garlic and oyster sauce, give it quick stir and toss again make sure it all mixed well.
Done!
Great with fresh cilantro!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan. 28, 2011 at 06:14 PM
Zomppa said:
Looks like my kind of dinner!

ann low said...

This is my favorite dish, simple and delicious :)

hungrysmurf said...

wow! can you please fedex some over???

Peggy said...

This sounds like my kind of stir fry! I love when great meals come about from random things in the fridge!

Le said...

Heey! I'm back :)

This chicken looks gooood!

http://vsualndulgence.wordpress.com/

My Asian Kitchen said...

love this dish very chinese!!it's kind of my favorite stir-fry!!