Friday, December 4, 2009

Top Chef thoughts

Ok I'm late but really, I don't have too much to say this week. I always wonder why they do a two part finale. The lead up episode always leaves me feeling a little flat. Why don't they just do regular episodes until they have the final 3. Why do they have the final 4 just to get rid of one person and then have the real finale? Strange. Anyhow, it was sad to see my favorite go but it was really time for Jen's departure. She just lacks the ability to perform under pressure which is so strange because she's the same person who ran the entire show when they all cooked for the armed forces. Everything else was really no surprise; the food, the comments, the sibling rivalry.
Michael Chiarello was surprisingly gracious. Did he get a lot of slack for being such a jerk on Masters? Did he just turn it on for the competition and is really a nice guy? He seems like a nice guy in his shows. Hey, someone please give Gail some more foie gras and turnip to go with her soup!! Jeeze! I though Padma was the hungry one! Like my comrads at PPYKAG, I also do not like Padma's bangs. The baby bump is awesome but the bangs, not so much.
These are my thoughts. One more thing... It's going down next week!!

1 comment:

h said...

I've heard he's very well-liked in real life. Didn't see Top Chef masters or his cooking shows.