I spoke to baby cookng yesterday and she did not mention the password. I've started to feel bad about calling her out so publicly. To her defense she has posted on the blog in the last 10 days and I love that she asked me for my recipe so here goes...
This is a great cookie base for chocolate but you can add any of your favorite cookie items. My favorites are callebut milk chocolate chips and pecans. A few years ago during the holidays I added peppermint bark which was a big hit! I must warn that if you like cake-y cookies with a dry crumb, you will not like these. These are crispy and chewy, perfect for the Cookngs.
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 stick soft room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/4 stick cold margarine
- 3/4 cup golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate chips, a few handfuls (I personally do not like a lot of chips)
- couple handfuls chopped pecans
- preheat oven to 350
- sift dry ingredients together
- cream butter, margarine, sugars with mixer on med until creamy
- add vanilla and egg to butter mix
- incorporate dry ingredients with mixer on low, add in a third at a time
- fold in chocolate chips and nuts
- bake for 10 to 13 minutes depending on your oven, start watching them after 10 mins, they are done when edges are brown
My favorite cookies are these and my friend Kristen's oatmeal cranberry cookies. I had to beg to get the recipe from her so you know, its super top secret which means I can't post it. If you're lucky enough to be her friend, you would know about these cookies.