Friday, January 15, 2010

Getting in touch with my roots...


So since I'm on a new cookng venture, my sisters thought I should learn how to make some dishes that are a staple in our family. These are dishes I go to when I'm having a bad day and need comfort or when I want something damn tasty!
I made all these dishes!!! With the help of my sister Annie, who was my sous chef that night, I was able to put out all these dishes! And they were bangin'. Everyone was stuffed! I made bittermelon with chicken drummets which is sweeten with cane sugar and oyster sauce and black bean sauce to build flavor. My absolute favorite! The yellow round dish is steamed eggs. This is the most simple dish and so tasty! I have to say that the whole fish was mostly Annie. I freaked out when I tried to clean out the inside of the fish...I couldn't do it!!! In the end I everyone was impressed by my first family meal. I must say so myself... *pat on back

5 comments:

lishapisa said...

well done Shindy! the egg looks perfect, it took me many times to get it right. everything look so good where was I???? YUM chicken and bittermelon is always a winner!!!
i'm hungry now

lishapisa said...

wish i can zoom in....

hungrysmurf said...

How about some recipes? I want the bittermelon and the eggs. I always forget the water to egg ratio!

Bananee said...

Getting in touch with your roots??? You're Puerto Rican.
Btw, have you guys seen Anderson Cooper??? He's super buff.

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog and i love it! i can't wait to read more about your food adventures. :)