Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Frittata for Molly

This is one of the few moments when Molly is actually happy eating a vegetable! I did however thought of a clever way to hide some healthy veggies and also include protein, dairy and carbs! I made a "frittata" of sorts with eggs, cheese, spinach, mini elbow pasta, spaghetti squash and it was yummy! I don't really have any measurements since I winged it when I made this. I started with sauteing the squash in butter and olive oil. Then I added the spinach. In a bowl I whisked 8 eggs and added about a cup of shredded cheese. Then I mixed in the sautee mixture and a cup of cooked pasta, seasoned, put it in a baking dish and baked at 375 for about 20 mins. This isn't gourmet food exactly but great for kids obviously. I was surprised at how yummy it was. John liked it too!

3 comments:

lishapisa said...

ooooh it little Molly ! sounds interesting i would like to try that! share?
i could hear her laughing in this great picture! doog....

lishapisa said...

you can hide it very well in jook

lishapisa said...

GOSH so cute ....I am soooo lucky! that's my little niece! miss her !!!!!!!!!
lalo lalo