Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ground turkey stir fry


We always have ground turkey in the fridge. We use it for turkey bolognese and this stir fry which we have every week. It is inexpensive and super quick & easy to make! We love it with rice and siracha. You can use whatever veggies you like. I like using long beans but have used kale, broccolini or cabbage. I also add carrots when I have them in the fridge.
  • 1 lb ground turkey dark meat
  • 1 bundle of long beans ( cut into 2 inch pieces and blanched)
  • onion
  • garlic
  • 1 square preserved bean paste (fu yu) mix with water to thin
  • 1 tablespoon black bean paste (lee kum kee is my friend)
  • 1 teaspoon hoisin
  • salt and soy sauce to taste
Brown turkey, unless you have an industrial strength stove like Annie, this takes a while. I drop the turkey in the wok in large pieces over high heat to get the sear. After I get some color then I break the meat up to smaller bits by pushing a wooden spatula through it. The meat usually gets a bit watery at this point. Just keep stirring until the water condenses and you hear the sizzling come back. At this point add a little more oil. I use olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and let it cook for a few mins. Then add the veggies. Once the wok is sizzling again, turn the flame down a little. Add the sauces and stir fry until veggies are at the tenderness you like! I put all the seasonings at the end because the turkey gets too salty if you season along the way.
Molly likes just the turkey and rice. I tried sneaking in the long beans cut into tiny pieces. She found them! "No"


1 comment:

lishapisa said...

mmmmmm (reminiscing the turkey bolognese you made) It was so yummy...
the sauce was sooooo good I cant even remember the pasta you used? was it speghetti?
this dish sounds nicce, i may try it with pasta
you used fuyu!! i need to get that
hehee Molly's "no" i miss her